Monday, April 27, 2009

HSBC Fees - Outrageous or Just My Imagination

HSBC, my favourite worst bank to deal with (and they all suck so there's no where to go) just charged me the fees detailed below. I had given my daughter my debit card and she didn't get the PIN right and so made several attempts at accessing the account.

HSBC, the bank that will give you a Mickey Mouse Made-In-China cheapo plastic digital photo display frame 'as a gift' if you open an account with them so they may fleece you indefinitely, decided that each of these attempts constitutes some sort of 'service' and charge for it. And of course the 'service' incurs a 15% IVA tax.

I DETEST THIS BANK.

The following is from the online bank statement this morning. They don't charge for checking this online - yet.






04/20 I V A $ 0.45

04/20 25 COM INTERBANCARIA TRX ERR CAJAUT 0804 $ 3.00

04/20 I V A $ 0.45

04/20 25 COM INTERBANCARIA NIP INV CAJAUT 0804 $ 3.00

04/20 I V A $ 0.45

04/20 25 COM INTERBANCARIA NIP INV CAJAUT 0804 $ 3.00

04/20 I V A $ 0.45

4 comments:

Jorgito said...

You should deduct the fees from your daughter's allowance. After all, it's only 1 USD at today's x-rate.

Fighting with a Mexican Bank is as easy as fighting with the CFE, as you will see if you try to.

William Lawson said...

All true. And I love the CFE so...

Unknown said...

I realize that you have a business and there would be different rules and regulations so my comments may be useless to you. I have been very happy with Scotiabank. I have a no fee Mexican checking account. I also keep money in Canada and there is no fee to pull it out here in Mexico as long as I use Scotiabank. They did refuse me a Mexican credit card which I wanted to pay Cablemas. I have a credit card in Canada, so it was only a minor inconvenience. They also seemed to be unable to sell me a US money order, but that possibly was a misunderstanding on my part.

I tried at one time to open a HSBC banking account and they were horrible. They took my bank draft and held it and stamped it and sent it all over the world only to return it to me a few weeks later. I ended up mailing this poor rag back to my bank in Canada for credit. They also charged a monthly fee to keep my money there and wanted to sell me insurance on my account. They made it very clear that they were not interested in any deposits from me.

William Lawson said...

Thanks for the suggestion! I will try opening an account for personal use and see how that goes!