Sunday, April 19, 2009

Things I love about here - Mangos

My therapist thinks that my neurotic posts are working, but is suggesting that I also accentuate the positive, as I see it.

There's nothing better than coming home from work on a scorching 40 degree day, with a throat parched from the 40 plus degree Yucatan heat and finding a stash of cold, ripe bright orange with a hint of green mangos in the fridge! I like to eat 5 or 6 at a time, leaning over the kitchen sink with sticky mango juice running down my chin and forearms, taking in that sweet pungent nectar and savouring rapturously their soft exotic flesh...

And no amount of flossing seems to want to remove those tiny little fibers from between my front teeth!

5 comments:

Working Gringa said...

Nothing more positive than a mango!

1st Mate said...

Oh, yeah, those kitchen sink mangoes are the best!

William Lawson said...

Kinda like watermelon up north, I suspect...

Tom said...

Ah, but maybe a few more sessions with that therapist are in order!
Debi

William Lawson said...

You think I should be more neurotic and less poetic? :)